The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation is one of the largest independent grant-making foundations in the UK. Their aim is to improve the quality of life for people and communities in the UK both now and in the future. They fund the charitable activities of organisations that have the ideas and ability to achieve change for the better. You can apply at any time.
The Main Fund is open to requests for support across the broad range of our interests, which are:
- the arts
- education and learning
- the environment
- enabling disadvantaged people to participate fully in society.
The Foundation will prioritise work that:
- Addresses a significant gap in provision
- Develops or strengthens good practice
- Challenges convention or takes a risk in order to address a difficult issue
- Tests out new ideas or practices
- Takes an enterprising approach to achieving its aims
- Sets out to influence policy or change behaviour more widely
The fund will consider requests to fund core or project costs. These may include running costs such as staff salaries and overheads but not equipment. We do not fund capital costs for building work or refurbishment. You do not have to be a registered charity to apply but the the Foundation can only fund work that is legally charitable. Your constitution must also allow you to carry out the work you propose.
For further information go to www.esmeefairbairn.org.uk.