Funding Guidelines Introduction:
Funding is available for the development of local young artists, across all artforms, through bursaries for approved study over and above full-time second or third level education, projects or residencies. All activities are defined as short-term which contribute to individual career development and/or local arts development.
- Applications will be accepted from young persons aged 25 years or under.
- Applicants must reside within Antrim Borough Council area
- individuals attending school or college within Antrim Borough Council area
- individuals who are members of Antrim Borough based arts groups
- individuals who have contributed to arts development within Antrim Borough Council area.
Levels of Grant Aid
- Bursary awards will normally be in the range of £75 to £250
- Under exceptional circumstances awards up to a maximum of £500 will be considered
- The Enkalon Foundation will fund 50 percent of each bursary awarded.
Considerations & Conditions
- Applicants must demonstrate high levels of individual achievement within their chosen artform by providing written evidence in the form of copies of appropriate certificates or reports
- The needs of each individual applicant will be assessed
- The benefits for arts development within Antrim Borough will be assessed
- Recipients, if requested, will be expected to attend publicity photo-calls at a mutually agreed time
- Before bursary award payments are made, all applicants must provide evidence of vouched expenditure in the form of receipts and paid invoices. No payments will be made in advance of an activity taking place
- Payment of bursary awards will be issued separately (on a 50 percent basis) by Antrim Borough Council and the Enkalon Foundation
- Applications will not be considered or assessed until all relevant supporting documentation is provided (see Section 6. on application form)
- Applicants for Young Artists Bursaries will only be accepted on the official application form available from Antrim Borough Council
- Application forms can be downloaded from the publications link on Council’s website, www.antrim.gov.uk or from the Cultural Services Section, Clotworthy House, Antrim Castle Gardens, Randalstown Road, Antrim, BT41 4LH. Tel: 028 9448 1338
- Applications are assessed by the Antrim Borough Arts & Heritage Committee on a rolling basis with meetings scheduled every three months
- Individual applicants may be required to present details in person to Committee, if requested
- Awards will be mutually agreed between representatives of the Borough Arts & Heritage Committee and the Enkalon Foundation
- Committee recommendations are final with no right of appeal
- All applicants will be informed of decision in writing and no further communication will be entered into.
see full details and application form at link below