The Miss Hazel M Wood Charitable Trust has the following guidelines:
- Applications from individuals are not entertained and, in particular, those individuals seeking funding for postgraduate study.
- The trustees do not restrict themselves geographically within the UK although London, south east of England and Edinburgh tended to receive the bulk of the income distributed.
- The trustees like to strike a balance between social welfare and the arts and architecture.
- (a) The trustees tend to support the smaller less well-known charities and, where possible, the trustees prefer to contribute towards some specific project or item of equipment.
- (b) The arts and architecture: The trustees help bodies concerned with renovation of historic buildings, National heritage and the arts.
- The trustees do not give grants to charities based in the UK which undertake most of their work overseas
Grants are typically under £1,000 and applicants must apply in writing no later than May or November for consideration in June/July and December for payments in July and January.
For more information and how to apply please contact:
W Brian Robertson
Shepherd and Wedderburn
1 Exchange Crescent
0131 473 5273