Northern Ireland Screen’s Creative Animation Scheme is designed to develop Northern Ireland resident junior creators/animators through the production of animated short films. The scheme provides junior level creators/animators with the opportunity to develop their own ideas with support from established animation companies.
The scheme is supported via funding from the Screen Fund and BFI Network. Northern Ireland Screen will support the production of up to two animated short films through funding awarded in the financial year 2018-19.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to Northern Ireland based animation companies which have identified emerging talent that could be supported through this funding to develop and create animated short films. The identified individual (creator/animator) should not be a principal of the company and should not currently be working in IP generation.
The scheme is designed to ensure that the animation company can provide the support and guidance needed for the creator/animator to deliver a quality animated short film on schedule and budget. As such the applicant animation company must have a substantive base. This includes:
Long term premises in Northern Ireland;
At least 5 full time employees which can include people on short term contracts;
The facilities to produce and deliver an animated short film
Key paramaters of the scheme
Max Budget per film: £40,000
Duration: Maximum duration 10 minutes
Delivery by: December 2019
Required deliverables: Hard drive, DVD and stills
Northern Ireland based production companies can make an application for the full budget of £40,000.
Criteria for support
- The applicant company should be a Northern Ireland based animation production company with a substantive base;
- The creator/animator should be a Northern Ireland resident;
- The creator/animator identified should not currently be working in IP generation and should not be a principal of the company;
- The applicant company must be willing to engage in a formal option agreement with the creator/animator regarding the project;
- If the project is based on existing work then the company needs to have the rights to develop it;
- The funding is to support the creator/animator to produce an animated short film.
Please contact Christine Morrow, New and Emerging Talent Executive (email@example.com), to discuss a potential application before applying. After this discussion a link to the online application form will be sent out. Alongside the general supporting documentation the following items are also required:
- A CV for the creator/animator
- Story outline, treatment including concept art and a script for the project
- A provisional schedule for the project
All applicants must complete an online application form. Please ensure that all supporting documentation is submitted either online with your application or via email to Nicky Coyle, Funding Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org).