The MAC‘s vision is to play its part in delivering a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art; to build Belfast’s reputation as one of the world’s most creative cities by bringing the world’s best art to our city and our best art to the world; and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission (and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these) we want to hear from you.
Main purpose of job
As Facilities Manager (FM) you will be responsible for the management of services and processes that supports the core business of the MAC. You will be involved in both the strategic planning and day-to-day operations of the building; responsible for the management and coordination of contractors; procurement and contract management; ensuring compliance with health & safety regulations and legislation; security; utilities and communications infrastructure and assisting in the preparation and management of annual maintenance budgets.
The ideal candidate for this role should have at least 5 years of experience as a Facilities Manager in a city-centre premium asset building. Experience of working in a new build property and a good understanding of sustainability issues is desirable. A relevant qualification is required as well as a recognised health and safety award such as IOSH.
You should have excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; have experience in procurement; be able to multi-task and prioritise workload; have clear and concise communication skills; work well within a team environment and have proficient IT skills.
Salary: £36,379 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 20 hours per week
- Minimum HND level or equivalent in facilities management, building management, construction or building services engineering
- A recognised health and safety award e.g. IOSH
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in facilities management and building maintenance in a city centre location
- Experience in project managing contractors
- Budget management and planning experience
- Previous related experience in managing a complex and modern building
- Proven experience of managing health & safety matters in the workplace.
- Familiar with key building systems, including Building Management Systems (BMS), P4, Zumtobel Lighting systems and audio-visual systems, CCTV, IT systems and phones
An application pack can be downloaded from career section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Interviews will take place Thursday 18 October 2018.
The MAC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Monday 8 October 2018.