We are currently working in connection with our Public Sector Client to recruit a Gallery Attendant in the Lisburn area. Full-time/temporary role, at a rate of £8.50 per hour.
The successful candidate will report to and support the Education Services Officer. The post holder will present education programmes through guiding visitors through tours of exhibitions and providing workshops.
- Undertake additional duties relevant to the role, including covering Front of house Reception and Shop
- Do background reading to provide guided tours and workshops for exhibitions, programmes and special events for the general public, schools and groups with special needs
- Participate in training to provide textile and craft demonstrations and subject based workshops such as hand-hackling, spinning, weaving and arts and crafts
- Assist in the setting up of facilities for exhibitions and events which will include the carrying of furniture and equipment and assistance with display making. To clean, tidy and maintain facilities and exhibits to ensure public safety and enjoyment
- Some work out of hours on a rota basis which may involve some lone working
- Stock taking, inventory, mailing and photocopying
- Follow all Health and Safety legislation, risk assessments and fire and security procedures
1.1 – Five GCSEs grades A-C or equivalent. One of these must be in a history, science and/or arts related subject
1.2 – One year’s experience in one or more of the following:
- Work as a gallery assistant in a museum, historic building or other heritage facility
- Work with the public, preferably in arts, history, science or crafts environment
- Work in a customer care environment
- Work with school children
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1.1 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of three years’ experience in 1.2 above.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Proven interest and ability in some area of arts or crafts, e.g. needle skills, hand spinning or weaving, wood work, art, fine arts, drama
Applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends on a rota basis. This may involve some lone working.
1.3 – It is desirable that applicants hold a full (i.e. not provisional) and current UK driving licence.
Please email your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 9023 4324.