We are seeking a Gallery Attendant to present the education programme through guiding visitors through tours of exhibitions and providing workshops. An important part of this role is to ensure the safety, security and cleanliness of associated areas within Castle Gardens and the Irish Linen Centre and Lisburn Museum.
Duties involve assisting in the delivery of education services by participating in outreach and promotional programmes and special events, including the taking of photographs. The post holder will undertake additional duties relevant to the role as determined by the Education Services Officer including the interchange/rota of Front of House (Reception and Shop) duties and to cover for sickness leave, annual leave and staff shortage.
NB: The post holder will be required to do some work out of hours on a rota basis which may involve some lone working.
- To ensure the proper control and safety of the public to assist with the evacuation of the building in accordance with fire and security procedures. To maintain the security of the buildings and their contents by the invigilation of designated areas and galleries as required, carrying out security searches where necessary.
- To provide guided tours and workshops for exhibitions, programmes and special events for the general public, schools and groups with special needs. To prepare for these by doing background reading.
- To provide textile and craft demonstrations and subject based workshops such as hand-hackling, spinning, weaving and arts and crafts. To participate in training and practice to prepare as necessary materials and equipment for these.
- To assist in the setting up of facilities for exhibitions and events which will included the carrying of furniture and equipment and assistance with display making. To clean, tidy and maintain facilities and exhibits to ensure public safety and enjoyment.
- To assist on a rota basis with administration tasks such as stock taking, inventory, mailing and photocopying.
- Ensure all Health and Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council Health and Safety policies and procedures, including risk assessments are complied with in relation to the services and activities within facilities.
- Any other duties seemed relevant to the post as directed.
This is a temporary, but possibly long term role.
For more information and to apply go to: http://www.tclrec.com/jobs/view/lisburn-rq335516-temporary-gallery-attendant-leisure/