Hillsborough Castle is embarking upon a major development programme to represent the Castle and Gardens, enhance the site facilities and develop a public programme for a diverse range of audiences, with assistance from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
In line with the Heritage Lottery funded Activity Plan, Historic Royal Palaces are creating learning and engagement programmes, which, for the first time, will make Hillsborough Castle accessible and engaging for all. One part of this is a project called Pop-up Castle, aiming to remove some barriers that prevent people from visiting and increasing awareness of HRP and what the organisation does.
HRP are seeking to appoint a facilitator/company to develop and deliver 2 ‘walkabout’ characters which will engage, surprise and entertain families & visitors at the Balmoral Show on 15th – 18th May 2019.
The characters should be based on Hillsborough Castle’s history, in this instance Lady Salisbury and her groom/stable hand. It is expected the facilitator/company will design, create and provide all props required for the delivery of each performance including period appropriate costume for both actors.
The performance script should encourages active participation from families, primarily suitable for families with children aged 12 & under, but will engage all audiences.
- Creation and delivery of two walkabout characters, based on two historical people, which will engage families and visitors in fun, surprising and engaging ways during the Balmoral Show.
- Widen Hillsborough Castle’s reach and increase awareness of the ongoing project to open the castle’s doors to everyone.
- Create a fun & unique experience using the stories and characters from Hillsborough’s history.
- Hillsborough Castle will become known as a site offering a high quality, engaging and accessible family programme.
- The project will help to break down some of barriers which prevent people from visiting.
Download the full brief (and character details) below and submit your proposal before 28th February 2019.
Alternate link: drive.google.com/open?id=1jPmKqKGrZxh0rTmq0qu-yW5VFLq8SZg4
Submission of a proposal
Proposals must be submitted by the time and date detailed above.
Your proposal should include the following:
- Your proposal including:
- Your creative response.
- Details of your approach to delivering the work.
- Examples of your recent work.
- Detailed breakdown of costs.
Please ensure that if your response is comprised of a number of files that as well as containing a description of the contents these are numbered sequentially in the order it is intended they be viewed.
If you have any other questions regarding the requirements or any aspect of the brief please contact Benen Dillon at email@example.com
Any questions pertaining to the brief must be complete by 20th February 2019
Deadline for responses to brief: 28th February 2019