6th March 2019 – Bluebell Arts Project, The Gasyard Centre, Derry
This is the final call for artists of all disciplines and abilities to submit images of work for inclusion in our first Empowering The Artist Exhibition of 2019.
For work to be considered for inclusion, Please submit high res images of the work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – mark your email ‘F.A.O. Frank Rafferty’.
Work for inclusion should be, if required, packed, bubble wrapped and delivered, by Wednesday 20th March to:
The Bluebell Arts Project,
128 Lecky Road,
Derry BT48 6NP
The Empowering The Artist Exhibition will run from Friday 22nd March 2019 until Sunday 31st March 2019
The Gasyard Centre is open from 9.00am – 9.00pm weekdays.
The Exhibition will also be open to the public from:
- 10.00am to 5.00pm on Saturday 23rd and Saturday 30th March 2019.
- 2.00pm to 5.00pm on Sunday 24th March 2019
The Exhibition Launch will be on Friday 22nd March 2019, 5.30pm – 7.30pm
This exhibition will include work recently exhibited in The Void Gallery Process Room by Sarah Ann Mullan
There will also be a series of workshops run alongside the exhibition for artists, arts workers and those interested in developing a career in the arts
Empowering The Artist Workshops (Free workshops) – will be available from: 11.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm on Saturday 23rd and Saturday 30th
These 4 free personal development workshops for artists of all abilities, arts workers and other interested parties will be:
- Personal Wellbeing: Artists often spend much time working or preparing work in isolation from others. This workshop teaches participants mental and physical exercises and techniques to maintain good health and well being.
- A Career in The Arts? – Workshop, Talk and Q & A with 2 Arts professionals.
Many professional artists require additional employment to keep body and soul together whilst still being working and exhibiting artists. This workshop will provide an opportunity to engage with and question 2 such professionals; an artist who also works in a local arts organisation and a local artist who is also a practising creative arts psychotherapist.
- Social Media, Promotion and Marketing your Work: This practical workshop will provide training into how Social Media can become an effective tool in the promotion of your art to a wider audience.and potential market.
- Creating and Editing Photographic Images of Your Work: This practical workshop will show artists how to create images of their work for social media, posters, flyers, leaflets, PR.
If you require additional Information on the workshops or the exhibition, contact Frank Rafferty on 02871 262812 or email@example.com
Whether you have previously exhibited or not. All work is welcome for consideration.
This exhibition is Funded by The Arts Council Of Northern Ireland