Join the Arts Council of Northern Ireland on Wednesday 22 May for their Arts and Dementia consultation workshop at the Crescent Arts Centre Belfast.The aim of this one-day workshop is to boost the capacity of artists across Northern Ireland to use their skills, knowledge and networks to support people with dementia and their carers. The workshop is for artists of all disciplines, those who have experience of working with dementia and those who have none.
This is your opportunity to tell us what supports artists need in order to develop their ability to work effectively with people affected by dementia.
- Dr Una Lynch, a public health specialist who has been working with ACNI around the issue of arts and dementia.
- Lorraine Calderwood, ACNI programme manager for the Arts and Older People’s programme
- David Cutler, Director, Baring Foundation
- Wendy Stirling Head of Learning and Development at the University of Stirling’s Dementia Services Development Unit
- Dr Frances Duffy, Consultant Lead Clinical Psychologist for older adults and Clinical Lead for the Northern Health & Social Care Trust’s Memory service and Dementia Home Support team
Free event. Book now places are limited.