06 May – 01 June 2019
Justine McDonnell, Clare Gallagher, Áine O’Hara,
Susan Hughes, Jane Walker, Soft Fiction Projects
(Emily McFarland, Alessia Cargnelli),
The Warzone Collective, Jordan Hutchings,
Ella Bertilsson & Ulla Juske
Images: Áine O’Hara, Clare Gallagher, Ella Bertilsson & Ulla Juske, Jordan Hutchings, Justine McDonnell, Soft Fiction Projects, Jane Walker, Susan Hughes, The Warzone Collective.
The second part of the short residencies series has nine 2-3 day long projects by artists and groups from very different creative backgrounds and media forms.
From narratives echoing voice and sound performances, to stories unlocked from listeners by a traditional fiddle player; from whirlpools in the kitchen sink and domestic horror, to ordering lines or stringy obstacles in the project space; from political activism and activist forms of creative rebellion by the Warzone Collective, to the breath-taking calmness of photography without a lens; from a pop-up book and publishing shop, to a squat and project space occupation.
The short residencies are a burst of experimental work and rehearsal for the artists. For the viewer, who can just look in through the shop windows or come in and engage first hand with the work and producing artists, they are a fast spin through positions in contemporary art.
For the duration of the series, PS² is workshop and showroom in one. A space for encounters, conversations, confrontations and discoveries.
- Monday 06 – Wednesday 08: Justine McDonnell
- Thursday 09 – Saturday 11: Clare Gallagher, [open Thurs 6-8pm and Sat 12-4pm]
- Monday 13 – Wednesday 15: Áine O’Hara
- Thursday 16 – Saturday 18: Susan Hughes
- Monday 20 – Wednesday 22: Jane Walker
- Thursday 23 – Friday 24: Soft Fiction Projects (E. McFarland, A. Cargnelli)
- Saturday 25 – Sunday 26: The Warzone Collective
- Tuesday 28 – Wednesday 29: Jordan Hutchings
- Thursday 30 – Saturday 01: Ella Bertilsson & Ulla Juske
Opening hours: all day window viewing and variable opening times, please check website.
Contact: email@example.com or 07733457772
PS² is supported by the National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland.