Day and Weekend tickets available now for this new East Belfast arts extravaganza
Belfast, Northern Ireland: Vault Artist Studios is a creative hub and active community of over a hundred creatives in East Belfast. On the 1st and 2nd June they are marking their first anniversary in the building with a Fringe Festival unlike anything seen before in the city. Over 110 artists and performers will take part in over 130 events over two days. Their community of visual artists, musicians, writers, photographers, filmmakers, puppeteers, comedians, arts organisers, curators, actors, composers, and theatre makers will stage an ever-changing landscape of weirdness and wonder.
Inside the transformed former BIFHE building on Tower Street, a music stage will get you rocking to the likes of Joshua Burnside, Blue Whale and Son of The Hound (to name a few). The smell of fresh spray paint from a live street art jam from Emic, Friz, Leo Boyd and FGB, will mingle with the aroma of fermentation floating from The Cultured Club kitchen. Amadan will bring you creative and edgy physical theatre, Christina Nelson will provide you with survival training before letting you loose in her top-secret silent disco. Seedhead Arts will tickle you pink with a Comedy Club featuring 16 local comedians.
There will be so much going on it is impossible to list them all but a selection includes, Junkyard Crazy Golf, Tightwire performances, Shambles Game Show, an array of arts and craft workshops, theatre and art performances, axe throwing, circus life drawing, a paint your own money stall, live DJ sets, swing dancing classes, adult face painting, one person cinema, international short films from Studio34, and many games – but not as you know them: grotesque gnome making, and the soon to be legendary ‘Universal Credit Escape Room’ (good luck getting out of that one!).
Adam Turkington of Seedhead Arts writes “I’ve been working in creative events for a long time and I can honestly say that this is the weirdest, most exciting and unique event I’ve ever been involved with. The Vault is like a big messed up family and this is our warped offspring. It’s going to be glorious.”
Vault Artists took up residence in the old Belfast Met building on Tower Street in summer 2018 and have hosted regular events there such as their huge Christmas arts market and monthly arts classes and workshops. They are an artist-led charity whose mission is to provide affordable, creative workspaces and to host incredible arts events for all.
This is a ticketed event for over 18’s only.
One day tickets are £20, weekend tickets £30.
Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite on our Facebook event page and through the Vault website.
The festival will take place at Vault Artist Studios, 4-84 Tower Street, Belfast, BT5 4FH.
Please note there is no available parking at Vault Artist Studios during the Festival. Parking on Tower street is for residents only. On street parking at neighbouring streets is very limited so we would suggest coming by public transport. The 3A picks up at Donegall Square West in the city centre and drops off at Tower street.
More information: www.vaultartiststudios.com/events/vault-fringe-festival/
Programme list (more TBC)
- Joshua Burnside
- Son of The Hound
- Katie Richardson
- Tour Alaska
- Comrade Hat
- Queen Bonobo
- DJ Set Neal Campbell
- Dialogue Collective DJ Set
- Seedhead Comedy Club. Featuring 16 local comedians
Film & Animation
- International Film screenings by Studio34– Jordan Robb, Ciaran Devlin-Rushe, Ross McClean
- Girl in The boat: Lotte Reineger inspired animation with live score written specifically for the piece. WendyNicole McGuinness-Keys, Paul McGuinness
- sMothered. Sally O’Dowd
- Phenakistoscope Animation Station. Thread And Ink Collective
- Cinema for one. Sinead Nicholl-ONeill
- Bathroom Movie. Angelique Ross
- Visual & Sonic Art
- Raspberry Jam live street art. Emic, Friz, Leo Boyd, FGB
- Laser Wall Installation. Robin Price
- Interactive Noise Rave: Sonic Art Performance. Rob Ireson
- Sound performance and atmospheric projection by Blue Whale John MaCormac, Ben Behzadafshar
- Sketch Artist. Jamie Mason Harper
- This is not a corridor – Projection Mapping Installation. Paul Moore, Dragos Musat, Sean Campbell
- 2D Cutout/light/sound Installation.Leo Boyd
- The Wakebox: engaging art installation with sound designed to create intimacy and provoke thoughtful exploration of how we perceive death. Ash Reynolds
Theatre & Dance
- Lysistrata: A rehearsed reading of a 30 min section of her new play followed by a 15 minute critical response feedback session. Alice Malseed.
- Bathroom Monologue Helen Ashton
- Dance/sound collaborative performance. Ed Reynolds, Dragos Musat, Emily McDonagh
- Onions – one-person theatre show exploring mental health. Helen Ashton
- Two Dancers Dance. Emily McDonagh plus guest
- Circus & Cabaret
- The world’s smallest juggling show. Jacob Anderson
- Axe throwing – Jacob Anderson
- Circus life drawing – Jacob Anderson plus guests
- Carpark Cabaret – Jacob Anderson plus guests
- Gas Collective Wire, tightwire performance. Angelique Ross, Gail O’Brien, Sinead Quinn
- Shambles Gameshow. Emily McDonagh
- Harmony saves the world. Amadan Gemma Mae Halligan, David Quinn
- Mr Mess and Harmony. Amadan. Gemma Mae Halligan, David Quinn
- Puppet Walkabout. Jamie Mason Harper
- The ‘F#@cking Incredible Adventure’ Game. Ray Bonner, Ralph Connolly, plus help.
- Universal Credit Escape Room. Installation/performance art/interactive game. Helen Gomez plus a large team of helpers.
- Massive backgammon John Baucher
- Junkyard Crazy Golf Trisha McNally plus a variety of Vault members
- Painting by Numbers Collaborative Dice driven Painting. Jonny McEwen
- Print Workshop. Margaret Woods Moore
- Swing dance workshop Raquel Amatparra
- Festival Floral Headdress Workshop. Thread And Ink Collective
- Mandala Stone Painting Workshop. Anne Quail
- Monoprint Workshop. Jonathan Brennan
- The Piece Wall–Show some love Belfast. Interactive guided graffiti workshop, guided by a selection of local Street Artists, hosted by Another World Belfast. Rebecca Clough, Connor Kerr, plus guests.
- The Drawing Room, Tippie Chill out zone + art workshop. Wilhelmina Peace Covington and Dragos Musat
- Sonic Pi workshop. Sinead Nicholl-ONeill
- Grotesque Gnomes. Gnome making Workshop. Elaine Taylor
- Papercutting workshop. Siobhan McKinley
- Cyanotype printing Raquel Amatparra
- Skyroom with interactive audio workshop Neal Foster
- Algae oxygen bar. Jasmin Marker
- Fermented Wonders. The Cultured Club, Dearbhla Reynolds
- Was boredom better in the analogue era? Take a trip back in time with Amadan and guest to find out. Gemma Mae Halligan, David Quinn, Rob Kane
- The Vaulty. 20 min silent disco with a top secret twist. Christina Nelson
- Chill out & open art zone Catherine Hart
- The Vault:The Real Story, or something like that! Recorded Audio Tour of Vault Artist Studios, According to Mary Jordan. Mary Jordan.
- Hello Joy (and) Eimí. Hello joy – A sharing of research on the topic of joy Eimí – A dance solo about resilience and existence. Suzanna McCreight
- Stall – money printing/traditional fairground games/plant stall/facepainting. Laura Nelson
For media enquiries contact Adam Turkington firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07843 590097
Find more information on our website at www.vaultartiststudios.com
Copyright © 2019 Vault Artist Studios, All rights reserved