This scheme is open.
All applications to the programmes below must be for projects that will take place between 1st November 2019 and 31st October 2020.
- General Arts Awards
- Artists’ Career Enhancement Scheme (ACES)
- Major Individual Awards (MIA)
- Artists’ International Development Fund (Individuals)
- Self-arranged residencies
- Mike Moloney Award
- Anne O’Donoghue Award
Artists may apply to more than one scheme but you will only be awarded one grant in any funding round. If you choose to apply to more than one scheme:
- You must complete a separate application form for each scheme.
- The projects within each application must be significantly distinct.
Who can apply?
Artists of all disciplines and in all types of working practice, who have made a contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of one year within the last five years.
In a limited number of cases, individual technical staff/administrators of professional artistic companies may also be eligible.
Employees of statutory bodies, undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that the funds which they are seeking are for work/costs which are not properly the concern of their employer and/or are not related to their academic study. Employees of statutory bodies, undergraduates and postgraduates must submit evidence of this in the form of a letter on headed paper from their Head of Department (see Section 5.4 on the application form). In the case of post-graduate students, the letter must clearly state the title of the student’s PhD thesis and include a declaration by the Head of Department that “The project for which funds are being sought does not form part of any academic work undertaken in relation to the above-titled PhD nor will it be assessed as part of any academic course”. Please note that the Arts Council may use its own judgement in determining this matter. Applicants undertaking a Masters or a PhD must also include a separate statement which provides information on how the project applied for differs from their Masters or PhD work. This is listed as a mandatory enclosure in Section 5 of the application form.
Who cannot apply?
- Applicants who have already received an award, within the previous 12 months, under the scheme to which they are applying. This 12 month period runs from the date of the previous award letter
- Applicants who have broken the conditions of any previous award within the previous 4 years (taken from the date of the letter of offer).
How to apply?
Please consult the programme guidance notes at the bottom on page before making an application. All applications must be completed online.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 15th August 2019 at 4pm