ArtisAnn is proud to provide the first professional group show featuring this year’s class of emerging young talent. All the artists have graduated from the School of Art at Ulster University, winning several awards and prizes along the way. In alphabetical order, they are:
- Sophia Campbell: a contestant on the first episode of Sky Art’s ‘Portrait Artist of the Year 2019’, where her painting of TV chef Andi Oliver received very favorable comments from the judges.
- Aimée Nelson: Aimee is a shortlisted candidate to exhibit for the Woon Foundation Sculpture and Painting Prize 2019 and has been selected as Artist in Residence for the Art College at Ulster University.
- Vikkie Patterson: Vikkie received the Artisann Emerging Artist Award and the Queens Street Studios Award as well as being selected for the RDS Visual Art Awards longlist.
- Jade Smith: won the North West Regional College’s Painter of the Year Award and works as a volunteer with Cancer Focus Belfast’s Art Therapy department,
Ken Bartley, co-owner of ArtisAnn, says:
‘The ArtisAnn Gallery believes in offering encouragement to young and emerging artists and is confident that these are stars of the future. The artwork produced by these newcomers is remarkable both for its technical ability and breadth of new ideas. This is a very varied show, with two common linkages: all are recent graduates and all are of the highest quality, with every indication that they will be ‘names’ of the future.’
All artworks are available to buy, and can be delivered free of charge. You can also buy art from this exhibition through the Own Art scheme which gives you an interest-free loan over 10 months (and you still get to take the art home immediately the exhibition ends).
New art and easy payments:- what’s not to love?
Venue: ArtisAnn Gallery, 70 Bloomfield Avenue, Belfast BT5 5AE
Dates: Thursday 5th September to Saturday 28th September 2019
- Tuesday – Friday, 11.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday, Noon to 5.00pm
Special Preview: Wednesday 4th September 6-8pm All Welcome.