Join Our Board!
- Do you have experience in marketing, creative industries, youth services or people management?
- Want to use your skills to make a real difference?
- WheelWorks is Creating New Worlds for communities across Northern Ireland and we’d like you to join us!
WheelWorks is a dynamic youth arts charity which has been Creating New Worlds across Northern Ireland since 1995. We run workshops, programmes, projects and a social enterprise that combine traditional and digital art forms in creative ways that make a difference.
We work mainly with people aged 4-25 and also do some work that brings older and younger people together. You’ll find us at schools, community groups, public events and on our mobile arts studio the ArtCart somewhere near you!
We are looking for three new board members (aged 18 and over) to join our dynamic organisation. We are particularly keen to hear from people with backgrounds in:
- Marketing and PR
- The arts and creative industries
- Youth service
- People management/human resources.
What we ask from you
WheelWorks board members attend six board meetings per year, which are held on weekday evenings in Belfast. The roles are voluntary and unpaid. Board members also participate in the life of the organisation between meetings, supporting the staff team and acting as ambassadors for WheelWorks.
What you’ll receive in return
- Opportunities to support initiatives that you are passionate about
- Corporate governance skills
- Experience that you might not get in other areas of your life
- Opportunities to broaden your network
- Chance to make a difference in the lives of young people
How to apply
Tell us in 200 words or less why you’re interested in joining us and how you could contribute to our work. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Email: Farah Chowdhury – firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 4C Weavers Court, Linfield Road, Belfast BT12 5GH
Tel: 02890 244063
The deadline for expressions of interest is: 18th of August 2019