Seacourt Print Workshop is a creative hub in Bangor, County Down providing a unique space for engaging in creativity whatever your training or life circumstances. Our workshop is a place where people can come to make art, develop their skills and talents and connect with others.
We operate an open access printmaking studio and our printmaking family includes master printmakers, multidisciplinary artists, visiting artists, amateurs who experiment with art making, children and young people exploring creativity, those with mental health and disability who print to improve their well-being and people who love printmaking.
Seacourt is entering into an exciting development phase as we explore relocation into Bangor Town Centre and grow our Print for Wellbeing services across Northern Ireland.
We are seeking energetic and knowledgeable individuals to enrich and enhance our Board and contribute their skills to as we work to ensure good governance and embed our new strategic plan.
We have a particular interest in people who have a specialism in Finance or Accountancy; Marketing & Promotion; Entrepreneurship; Human Resources
- A brief CV outlining your relevant experience to date
- A brief statement setting out your reasons for wishing to be a board member and the particular skills and experience which you feel you would bring to Seacourt – please also include a statement confirming acceptance of the 7 points listed in the role description.
- The names and contact details of 2 referees, one who can comment on your professional competence and one who can comment on your personal qualities. Please note we will only seek references from applicants who we propose to appoint to the Board.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com Please write “Board Member Application” in the subject line.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 4th November 2019. Applications received after this cannot be considered.
If you require any further information or wish to visit us, please contact our Director Emma Drury on 02891 460595.
Please note: if you submit an application to join the Board you will be confirming that you:
- Have read and understand the role of a member of a charity board, as set out on the Charity Commission website http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/publications/cc3.aspx
- Are not subject to any of the following – an undischarged bankruptcy; an unspent conviction for an offence involving deception or dishonesty; a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986; or a removal from trusteeship of a charity by the Court or the Commissioners for misconduct or mismanagement;
- Would be available to attend monthly Board meetings and to undertake any necessary training in the role of a Board member;
- Will, if appointed, apply for and confirm you have basic AccessNI clearance.
- Do not have any business or personal relationship with Seacourt or any existing Board member or member of staff;
- Are not employed by or working in any capacity for Seacourt Print Workshop;
- Understand that the term of office is normally for 3 years but a member can resign at any stage or be removed from office by the Board.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 4th November 2019