Contract: Permanent Annualised Hours – this involves working a set number of hours over the year, rather than per week. Longer hours may be worked over our busy high season months, and less hours may be worked during our slightly quieter low season months.
Hours: 1950 hours per year (must be fully flexible to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts)
The MAC’s aim is to contribute to a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art; to build Belfast’s reputation as one of the world’s most creative cities by bringing the world’s best art to our city and our best art to the world; and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission (and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these) we want to hear from you.
- 5 GCSEs’ or equivalent grade C or above;
- 2 years’ experience of working within a customer facing environment including directly dealing with members of the public. E.g. Bar, Restaurant, hotels, retail, cinema, theatres;
- 1 year of experience supervising and directing staff in a customer facing environment, e.g. bar, restaurant, hotels, retail, cinemas, theatres;
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers and members of the public;
- Experience of providing a smooth efficient service to a range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Experience of, and interest in, theatre and arts;
- Experience of working in a high-quality hospitality environment/corporate event;
- Sales experience to include handling cash and proactively selling to customers.
The job description and specification can be found on the career sections of the MAC website themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ:
- A covering letter, of no more than 800 words, stating how your skills and experience meet the criteria in the ‘Person Specification’;
- Your CV;
- Names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer;
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form which can be downloaded from the career section of the MAC website themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Interviews will take place W/C 21 October 2019.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline and if you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative.
If you have not heard from us by 25 October 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The MAC are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Friday 18 October 2019.