Base: The Playhouse, Derry.
Responsible To: Front of House Manager
Hours: Casual, evenings & weekends required
Contract: Casual ‘As and When’ contract with a 6 month probation period.
Salary: £6.15 – £8.21 per hr depending on age
Job Purpose: To serve customers in The Playhouse bar during theatre events, conferences, weddings and other Playhouse events.
- To serve customers alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks and snacks during pre-event, event interval and post event periods at The Playhouse Theatre.
- Satisfying customer requests in a timely manner.
- Providing a positive and friendly customer experience by interacting with customers.
- Collecting payment for drinks served and providing change as needed.
- Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for customers.
- Cashing up at the end of the night, and balancing receipts.
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary environment.
- Re-stock the bar, and highlight any stock shortages to the FOH Manager.
- To understand the requirements of any disabled customers, and provide appropriate assistance.
- Assist Front of House staff, as directed by the Front of House Manager.
- To understand all safety and emergency evacuation procedures, and implement these safely if required.
- To attend training as required and maintain awareness of health and safety regulations specific to the spaces and equipment used.
- To act at all times professionally and diplomatically, with artists, other Playhouse staff, customers and other stakeholders.
- Any other appropriate duties deemed necessary by the Playhouse.
Experience / Qualifications: Essential
- Experience of working in a bar, and aged over 18.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner with a good temperament.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends.
Experience / Qualifications: Desirable
- First aid qualification.
Please email your CV and a cover letter of no more than one A4 page outlining your skills and experience and your suitability for this role.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is: Friday 6 December 2019