Base: The Playhouse, Derry.
Responsible To: Box Office Manager
Hours: Casual, evenings & weekends required
Contract: Casual ‘As and When’ contract with a 6 month probation period.
Salary: £6.15 – £8.21 per hr depending on age
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the Playhouse Box Office/Reception, welcoming customers to our reception area and selling tickets for events through our Spektrix Box Office system.
- Sell tickets to customers in person and by telephone.
- Administer internet ticket sales.
- Deliver ticket allocation of complimentary seats for sponsors, artists, press and staff and process / distribute / monitor / release as instructed.
- Be familiar with updates to our computerised Box Office system’s (Spektrix).
- Manage enquiries and payments for Playhouse education programmes and other related events.
- Encourage customers to donate to Playhouse activities and join membership initiatives.
- Ensure all customers respond to marketing questionnaires when booking tickets.
- Providing a positive and friendly customer experience by interacting with customers.
- Update and maintain relevant administrative records, and ensure these are appropriately stored.
- Reception duties at The Playhouse’s front desk and box office, including managing incoming phone calls, dealing with customer queries and general customer care.
- Manage the efficient running of all Box Office / Reception systems, including telephones, incoming / outgoing post, staff message books, filing, promotional displays, stationery and other resources.
- Open and close the building, including locking up and setting alarms.
- Undertake such training as may from time to time be appropriate to the post.
- Undertake all duties with awareness of, and in compliance with, The Playhouse’s policies, including GDPR, Child Protection & Adults At Risk, Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies.
- Undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested.
Experience / Qualifications: Essential
- Customer service experience in the hospitality / retail sector.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner with a good temperament.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Experience / Qualifications: Desirable
- First aid qualification.
Please email your CV and a cover letter of no more than one A4 page outlining your skills and experience and your suitability for this role.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is: Friday 6 December 2019