Base: The Playhouse, Derry.
Responsible To: Front of House Manager
Hours: Casual, evenings & weekends required
Contract: Casual ‘As and When’ contract with a 6 month probation period.
Salary: £6.15 – £8.21 per hr depending on age
Job Purpose: To be the public face of The Playhouse for theatre events, conferences, weddings and other Playhouse events, thereby providing superb customer care.
- To provide customer care for audiences / participants for theatre events, conferences, weddings and other Playhouse events, including showing customers to their seats, collecting tickets and serving refreshments.
- To check front of house, public & audience spaces for cleanliness, and tidy / clean as required.
- To understand the nature of the show / event and are ready to answer customer queries regarding length of show, whether there is an interval etc.
- To understand the requirements of any disabled customers, and provide appropriate assistance.
- To maintain good communication with box office, bar, artists, and other front of house staff.
- To provide a positive and friendly customer experience by interacting with customers.
- To provide marketing material to customers regarding upcoming shows at The Playhouse, and to encourage customers to join membership initiatives.
- To understand all safety and emergency evacuation procedures, and implement these safely if required.
- To deputise for the Front of House, if required.
- To attend training as required and maintain awareness of health and safety regulations specific to the spaces and equipment used.
- To act at all times professionally and diplomatically, with artists, other technicians, Playhouse staff, customers and other stakeholders.
- Any other appropriate duties deemed necessary by the Playhouse.
Experience / Qualifications: Essential
- Customer service experiences, especially in the hospitality / retail sectors.
- Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner with a good temperament.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends.
Experience / Qualifications: Desirable
- First aid qualification.
Please email your CV and a cover letter of no more than one A4 page outlining your skills and experience and your suitability for this role.
Please email your application to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: Friday 6 December 2019