The Arts Council has designed this programme to provide funding for highly-skilled performing musicians working at a professional level who seek support for the purchase of high quality instruments that are central to their performing career. This award is open to musicians working as a high-level performer in a solo capacity or as part of a small group / chamber ensemble in any musical genre. This scheme is aimed at providing instruments for rehearsal and performance.
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of individuals and in particular from applicants categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, you must be a professional musician
- who is from or currently resides in Northern Ireland who is based in, and makes regular use of the instruments in, Northern Ireland;
- who is working as a high-level performer in a solo capacity or as part of a small group / chamber ensemble in any musical genre.
Who Cannot Apply?
- Non-professional musicians
- Individuals under the age of 18
- Applicants who have broken the conditions of any previous ACNI award.
How to apply?
You must make a single application to the programme using the ACNI online system. The link to application forms can be found below. Use “Apply Online Now” to start a brand new application. Use “Edit an Application Form Online” to go back into an application that you’ve already started and saved.
The deadline for applications is Monday 9th December 2019 at 4pm Decisions will be made by Friday 17th January 2020