Location: Ards Arts Centre, Newtownards
Salary: 1B SCP 1 – 2 £17,364 – £17,711 pro rata per annum
Purpose and Function of the post
To assist the Caretaker at Ards Arts Centre to appropriately set-up rooms and maintain the facility. To act as a key holder for Ards Arts Centre, to maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout the facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening and locking up building and acting as designated keyholder. Making checks for damages, break-ins etc and reporting same.
- Ensuring building is heated and lighted adequately according to daily schedule. Setting up and dismantling for classes, concerts, meetings, hiring, council functions etc. Assisting arts service to set up and dismantle exhibitions.
- Ensuring building and all furniture, fixings, fitting and equipment are kept clean, fresh and tidy at all times. Ensuring that bins are put out for emptying twice weekly. General cleaning duties of toilets, public areas, storage rooms, workshop and office spaces.
- Complying with schedules of work arranged with caretaker in consultation with Arts Officer. Carrying out minor floor level maintenance such as repairing fuses and repainting walls. Regularly polishing brasses, cabinet interiors, mirrors, banisters weekly. Dust desks and office furniture and empty office bins, daily. Annual cleansing of chandelier and curtain pelmets and spring clean stores.
- Maintaining tidily stores of arts materials and cleaning stores and equipment. Operating simple equipment as required. Reporting malfunctions of equipment, accidents, dangerous occurrence, etc.
- Dealing with the public by telephone and in person in regard to enquires, enrolments, etc after office hours. Arranging for hospitality for meetings, previews, functions etc in consultation with arts service or relevant officer.
- Implementing and complying with declared policies and procedures of the Council including Health and Safety. Controlling use of square for parking, reporting unauthorised parking and arranging for chairs, etc to be used for band concerts, special functions etc as required.
- To comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with Council Policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
Apply for the post online (registration required) at the localgovernmentjobsni.gov.uk link below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: