Kabosh gives voice to sites, space and people through reinventing and reinterpreting the ways in which stories are told. Kabosh is committed to challenging the notion of what theatre is, where it takes place and who it is for.
Kabosh aims to:
- create exciting theatre in different types of locations
- commission engaging narrative using local stories and histories to create plays that chart the way our society is evolving
- provide quality, stimulating entertainment for everybody living in and visiting Northern Ireland
- develop new audiences for theatre and encourage repeat attendance
- animate public spaces
- transform lives through theatre
- re-examine contested space in Northern Ireland
- develop local arts and culture, promoting its worth nationally and
Kabosh is a multi-annual funded Arts Council and Belfast City Council company, with a yearly turnover of £200k – £300k, run by two full-time members of staff. Based in Belfast the company works with approx. 120 playwrights, actors, filmmakers, musicians, poets, painters, technicians and curators p.a. to create plays for Ireland and the world stage.
The Board at Kabosh are looking for new members to join the existing team, ideally with skills and experience in digital strategy and financial management. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for arts, who will drive the organisation forward in light of the difficult economic climate and most importantly someone who will embrace Kabosh’s artistic aims and company objectives. We will value the personal and professional experience you have to offer.
The new board members will be required to attend at least four 2-hour board meetings per year, held in Belfast city centre, and to act as an ambassador for the company by supporting Kabosh events and initiatives. Beyond this, the time that you give can be as little or as much as you like.
In order to apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com as well as addressing the following two questions:
- What would you hope to achieve as a board member of Kabosh Theatre Company – both personally and for the company? (max 300 words)
- Why Kabosh? (max 300 words)
Thank you for taking your time to apply and we look forward to hearing from you,
Kabosh Board of Trustees
Deadline for applications is: 5pm, Tuesday 3rd March 2020