Who can apply
Young people aged between 15 and 19 years.
Up to £1750
The Fund was set up in memory of Thomas Devlin who, at the age of 15, was murdered in an unprovoked attack in 2005.
Examples of types of projects that may be supported within Fund themes:
Over the last thirteen years the bursaries have supported 94 young people in a range of diverse activities, from:
- assisting an aspiring young artist to attend Arts College in London to pursue a career in Art & Design as well as Photography,
- funding a young girl to attend a Prosthetics and Special Effects Makeup summer school for a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with a top Hollywood makeup artist,
- attendance at a summer music school in London, and Minnesota,
- assisting a local dancer hoping to work with the Birmingham Royal Ballet,
- funding living costs in London to enable a recipient to take part in a summer National Youth Theatre production,
- towards the purchase of new and more professional animation tools/equipment and software packages,
- towards support for travel and accommodation to participate in the Royal Irish Academy of Music in Dublin,
- funding towards a 3-day trip to Germany to attend the Benny Greb Master Session drum camps.
Applying for The Fund
Read more about Tonas and the fund here: https://www.thomasdevlin.com/
The deadline for applications is: 9th April 2020 at 9.00am