As the information regarding the Corona Virus – Covid-19 develops, the Weekly will aim to keep on top of the various decisions made by venues, events managers, local arts facilitators and artists/performers over the next few months. It looks as if many arts events, gallery openings, plays, musical perfromances are going to transfer online. We will pull together all teh information as it comes to hand.
Imagine Belfast Festival
Due to the current outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) this festival has unfortunately been cancelled. For more information and to view the festival’s full statement, please visit imaginebelfast.com
Belfast Exposed Gallery
As a public gallery and centre of photographic services, we wanted to let you know what measures Belfast Exposed is taking to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our visitors, participants and staff, amidst the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
We are closely monitoring advice from the Public Health Agency and Department of Health, and all public advice regarding coronavirus. We will keep our visitors and participants updated with the latest information and any further changes to our activity, as we continue to reevaluate our position on a daily basis.
The galleries are now closed.
- All events and courses in March & April have been postponed.
- BE is postponing April’s upcoming exhibitions to September (original start date was Thursday 2nd April).
- The current exhibitions in Gallery 1 & 2 are to be extended until Saturday 23rd May (original end date was 21st & 28th March respectively).
Visitors & Participants
Check the website and social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) before visiting for the latest updates on our position regarding coronavirus.
If you are developing any of the following coronavirus symptoms (cough, high temperature, shortness of breath), please self-isolate at home to protect yourself and others.
We provide washing facilities, hand sanitiser, disinfectant wipes and we are throughly cleaning and disinfecting our public spaces.
Please ensure you wash your hands thoroughly before and after your visit; use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available; cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze; put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
We will continue to monitor our position on a daily basis, and will provide you with any updates.
Movie House Cinema
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic global crisis, Movie House and Jet Centre have made the very difficult decision to close temporarily to the public from 10pm tonight, Tuesday, 17th March until further notice. Movei e HOuse Cinemas will continue to reassess the situation and hope to open again as soon as possible. Refunds will be issued for any advanced bookings, if we have your contact details MHC will be in touch.
Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival
Sadly and inevitably we have to announce the cancellation of the forthcoming Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival (April 30 – May 10) in response to the current public health crisis. While the main festival has been cancelled, we have been working hard to move some shows into the Autumn and to our two festivals next year. All ticket-holders will be contacted shortly to advise them of refunds and please be patient as our small team work through the refunding process.
Uppermost in our mind is the loss of income our artists and freelance workers will experience and we are looking at ways to support their livelihoods and well-being. The shows WILL go on. If not in the Autumn, we can guarantee that the 2021 versions of Out to Lunch and CQAF will be the best we’ve ever done. Thanks to all the artists, audiences, staff, volunteers, venue partners and funders who have given us so much support up to now. To borrow a line from Seamus Heaney, ‘If we winter this one out, we can summer anywhere.’
- Malojian with support from Mandy Bingham, Sat 21 Mar 2020 – CANCELLED
- Into Film: The Biggest Little Farm, Tue 24 Mar 2020 – CANCELLED
- Ryan McMullan – Another show!, Fri 17 Apr 2020 – POSTPONED
- Ryan McMullan, Sat 18 Apr 2020 – POSTPONED
- Jake O’Kane: Walks The Line, Sat 30 May 2020 – POSTPONED
- Friends in Low Places: Sat 06 Jun 2020 – POSTPONED
- NI Opera Studio presents SENSATION!, Sun 07 Jun 2020 – CANCELLED
- Dolly & Shania: Queens of Country, Sat 20 Jun 2020 – POSTPONED
- Paddy and Nigel on Tour, RESCHEDULED date: Sat 26 Sept 2020
The Millennium Forum is currently closed to the public until week commencing 20th April 2020 as we work to protect our customers and staff from the Coronavirus. We are constantly reviewing the situation and will update you all every Thursday for as long as possible on any changes to shows. A list of rescheduled dates for shows which were originally before 20th April 2020 are outlined below. As we work to keep our business trading during this difficult period, we would be grateful if you would carefully consider booking for the rescheduled date before asking for a refund as this will greatly assist us & the performers during this unsettled time. Please be assured that all ticket sales are fully protected for customers.
The Millennium Forum wishes to thank all our customers for their continued support and patience during this unprecedented time in the interests of health and welfare of all. For further information please contact our Box Office on 02871 264455 and see here: https://www.millenniumforum.co.uk/important-customer-information-19-03-20/
Please stay safe and look out for each other during the weeks ahead and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Forum very soon.
New dates for rescheduled events are:
- The Field: previously 19 March. Rescheduled to: Thursday November 5.
- Colin Murphy: previously 20 March. Rescheduled to: Sunday November 8.
- Mike Denver: previously 21 March. Rescheduled to: Monday August 10..
- The Magic Of Motown: previously 22 March. Rescheduled to: Wednesday 11 November.
- A Night With The Country Stars: previously 26 March. Rescheduled to: Tuesday 09 June.
- Calamity Jane: previously 01-04 April. Rescheduled to: Wednesday 08 –Saturday 11 July.
- Nathan Carter: previously 10 April. Rescheduled to: Friday 24 July.
- Homegrown 2020: previously 11 April. Rescheduled to: Wednesday 23rd
- The Academic: previously 12 April. Rescheduled to: to be announced by band in the coming days.
- Philomena Begley: previously 18 April. Rescheduled to: Saturday 27 June.
- Young Farmers: previously 28 March. Box Office will contact all customers with refunds.
For any press queries, please send to email@example.com