During the Covid-19 lockdown, Tenx9 have moved to having Zoomx9 events
- You probably know the score: download Zoom to your computer.
- Then sign-up to join Tenx9 on May 13th ‘Holidays’ at 7.30pm by registering via this link.
- We only have 100 places for participants, so please only register if you know you can make it.
- If you have a Tenx9 story to submit for one of our Zoom events, you can fill in the form at the link below.
Submitting a story for Tenx9 Zoom events
You’ll get more information about the kinds of stories we’re looking for at our editorial guidelines, but briefly,
- We want one true story from your life. Each part of that is important. One story. True. From your own life.
- Tenx9 isn’t for reminiscences, or summaries of your whole life story, or reflections on what’s important, inspirational talks, or sermons or manifestoes. Those forms are brilliant! but they’re not what Tenx9 is about.
- For Tenx9 over Zoom, we’re probably interested in stories that are a little shorter than normal – perhaps 5-7 minutes. That’s about 700-1000 words.
- Make sure you know the theme!
- When it comes to your story, within a sentence or two, we want to be wondering ‘What’s going to happen next?’ or ‘What happened before?’
- There’s no need to have give any introduction. Just drop us into a true story! “The last day I saw my friend…” or “When preparing for a holiday, never forget your passport…”
- You don’t need to give us a conclusion either: “The thing this story taught me is…” We can probably guess that already, and there are probably heaps of different things different people will take from your story.
- If there are a few characters, help us. Using “the clever sister” “the man with the bad tie” and “the stranger” is going to make it easier for the audience than remembering who Fionnghuala, Cuthbert and Hephzibah are.
- You can send us your story outline (or have us phone you) for an editorial chat. You can send us a document on story(@)tenx9.com.
- (Please, in the name of all that’s lovely, make sure you’ve read the editorial guidelines! We can tell within 10 seconds if you haven’t!)
Let us know about your story for Zoom Tenx9 here. We’re delighted you’re sending us your work.