- interested in the arts, circus and street theatre?
- motivated by helping children, young people and communities to thrive, develop and change?
- experienced in leading teams, strategic thinking and building influential networks?
- clear on what makes for great governance?
- want to use your talent and commitment to make a difference?
- share our passion for delivering creative, high quality workshops and performances that can transform lives and promote wellbeing?
We are seeking applications from forward thinking individuals for the role of Chair of the Board of Belfast Community Circus School, Festival of Fools and Premiere Circus.
What’s on offer…
The position of Chair offers a rewarding experience the opportunity to make an important contribution to the arts sector in NI and a difference to the lives of many. The Boards currently meet six times a year, for a total of around 2.5hrs a time. In addition to this the Chair speaks with the CEO around once a month and attends sub-groups, fundraisers and events as required.
We will soon be launching our new vision, mission and values.
As Chair, you will:
- be keen to play a key role in finalising these and bringing them to life.
- work with the CEO and wider team to ensure even stronger governance, excellent strategic planning and a brilliant approach to operations, management and reporting.
- through a collaborative approach, demonstrate your experience, skills and knowledge of leadership and governance to enable the organisations to thrive.
- challenge and support the team and wider Board to better understand our audiences, impact and potential and to realise growth, resilience and sustainability.
- be motivated by results and seek improvements in our branding, marketing and communications that lead to increases in membership, income and effectiveness.
Do you have some or all of the following skills and interests?
- Strategic and operational planning
- Income generation
- Public policy development
- Community relations
- Health and social care / public health
- Brand development, marketing and communications
- Strategic and values-based partnership development
Go to the link below at communityni.org and download the pack (pdf).
We know we are unlikely to find someone with extensive skills and experience in all of the above areas. However, the role is broad and the potential to make a difference to the lives of many huge, so if you are interested and would like to have an informal conversation about your own experience and how this may fit what we are looking for, please contact the current CEO, Jenna Hall, to find out more about the role: Jenna@BelfastCircus.org