This position is part time (24 hours) fixed term for 3 year (renewable subject to funding)
Salary: £25,646 per annum (£42,743 for full-time equivalent)
Following the recent passing of our friend, mentor and CEO Chris Ledger, University of Atypical is now recruiting for a professional, dynamic and transformational leader to oversee the future strategic development, growth and success of the organisation.
The University of Atypical (UofA) is a disabled-led development charity working towards cultural equity for disabled/deaf people. It is a catalyst for the empowerment of disabled/deaf people in the arts, working across the whole spectrum of disability. You will need to have a proven record of leadership and success with experience in working with the disabled and d/Deaf community and artists. Applications from applicants living with disability are particularly welcomed in line with the organisation’s constitutional aims.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Arts Management, though demonstrable transferable skills from other disciplines will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a leadership or senior management role with responsibility for financial management
- Experience of high-level decision making on policies and strategic plans
- Extensive experience of facilitating a Board of Trustees and keeping Trustees informed of key business activities
- Proven ability to develop, gain approval for and implement operational / business and strategic plans
- Experience of developing an organisation’s culture and overall vision, creating a positive work environment promoting excellence, enhancing staff morale, and performance
- Extensive experience of identifying and securing funding opportunities to support programming activities and organisation development
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the arts and cultural sector in NI. Experience gained in organisations which demonstrate excellent access and arts and disability programmes will be prioritised
For further details on the criteria, please request a recruitment pack and application form via e-mail from: email@example.com
It should be noted that the criteria may be enhanced to facilitate short-listing.
Closing: 4pm on Friday 23rd of October 2020
Completed application forms and monitoring forms (submitted by post or email) must be returned no later than 4pm on Friday 23rd of October 2020.
Completed applications being returned by email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will take place on Friday 13th of November 2020.
UofA operates safeguarding policies for Children and Young People and Adults at Risk of Harm and Abuse.
AccessNI checks will be carried out before an appointment can be confirmed.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: 4pm on Friday 23rd of October 2020