The MAC are now seek to make the following appointment:
Assistant Curator – Full Time Permanent
Salary: £22,021 (plus 3% pension contribution)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The MAC wants to play a leading role in the pursuit of our vision – a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art, and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
At the MAC we are passionate about everything we do. We want people who share that passion for delivering the highest possible level of performance in everything that they do – people who are open to ideas, to collaboration, to challenges and to new ways of thinking.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these, we want to hear from you.
If successful, you will be joining a highly motivated professional team which prides itself on delivering outstanding results and having some fun along the way. We work hard here, respect our colleagues, develop our team members, and do whatever’s necessary to make the MAC the best that it can be in order to make it a great place to visit and work in.
- A degree or higher academic qualification in a fine art related subject (e.g. fine art, visual culture, art history/theory)
- Qualified by experience with at least 3 years’ relevant experience as outlined in JD JS;
- Experience of organising exhibitions and of working with artists ;
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous administration experience in similar arts related/exhibitions environment;
- Experience of working within budgets;
- Experience of copywriting for exhibitions and press releases.
- Experience of working within a cross art form environment;
- Experience in international fine art transport, customs and insurance;
- Experience of using collections and/or event management databases;
- Experience of writing clear and accurate text.
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details please go to the careers section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers and download an application pack.
- Please send your CV and a two-page covering letter of no more than 1000 words outlining your experience and suitability for the post. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer;
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form which can be downloaded from the career section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Please send your CV, equal opportunities form and covering letter to email@example.com or post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on 3 March 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on 9 March 2021 followed by interviews on the 19 March 2021.
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant on your CV.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative.
If you have not heard from us by 15 March 2021, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The MAC are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The MAC particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), disabled and LGBTQI+ candidates who are under-represented across the sector.
Deadline for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on 3 March 2021.