While the full impact of COVID-19 is as yet unknown, Belfast City Council recognises the profound impact that it is having across the culture, heritage and arts sector. As part of the city’s recovery and strategic plans, we are pivoting our programmes to help build the capacity of our cultural sector and maintain our commitment to make 2023 a year of cultural celebration for our city. We believe that culture will be at the heart of Belfast’s recovery and that building the capacity of our cultural sector is essential not just to ensuring that we can deliver on the ambition for 2023 but that we build back better and to a more sustainable position than we were in before the effects of the pandemic set in.
Today Belfast City Counciil is opening two new cultural support programmes, that will feed directly into the city’s recovery and strategic plans as part of our wider commitment to build back better.
Support for non-core funded cultural organisations:
The Pathfinder 2021 Awards are part of the city’s on-going commitment both to cultural recovery in the context of the pandemic and our on-going A City Imagining cultural investment programme for Belfast. These awards are aimed at those organisations which have struggled to secure core funding from the public sector and need some assistance to help develop and grow. They are therefore not available to those already in receipt of core funding from the public sector. A total amount of £80,000 has been allocated for this programme. Organisations can apply for a maximum of £20,000.
Deadline: 12noon, Monday 22nd March 2021
- To receive an application form & guidance notes: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please reference A City Imagining Cultural Strategy in your application – click here to download a copy
- A virtual information session for Pathfinder Awards will be held via Microsoft Teams on Monday 1st March at 2pm – 3pm: to register for this email email@example.com
- Following this information session BCC will be offering one-to-one guidance for organisations via Microsoft Teams on Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th March: email firstname.lastname@example.org to register (these will be 45 min slots, allocated on a first come first served basis – if you aren’t available on these dates let us know and we will try and accommodate you on another date)
- Please put the title Pathfinder Awards in the subject of your emails
Deadline for applications is: 12noon, Monday 22nd March 2021