It’s been so long since we’ve seen the merry faces of audiences in person, and as heritage places are set to reopen at the end of May, the warmest welcome back is in order.
But guess what? Slipping back into old habits isn’t on the cards. Knowing how people’s lives have changed and how heritage now fits into their lives is essential to making a success of your reopening. It is about offering them an experience they’ll enjoy but that will also make them want to come back again and again.
At the end of 2020, we ran Culture Beyond Covid for Heritage, an audience survey for museums, built and natural heritage organisations. We uncovered insights into Northern Ireland audiences’ engagement with local heritage and how they felt about returning to these spaces post-Covid.
The data revealed common themes that will be incredibly useful for the heritage sector going forward. We’ve created a series of workshops where we’ll show you how to turn these insights into action in your own organisation. The topics we will cover are:
- The pandemic has allowed heritage to take a more important place in people’s lives. How can this be sustained?
- How can heritage organisations communicate better with heritage visitors?
- How can heritage organisations strengthen their relationships with their audiences?
You can choose from the following dates and times:
- Tuesday 1st June 2021, from 11.00 to 13.00
- Friday 4th June 2021, from 11.00 to 13.00
- Monday 7th June 2021, from 11.00 to 13.00
- Wednesday 9th June 2021, from 11.00 to 13.00
- Friday 11th June 2021, from 11.00 to 13.00
Where: Zoom – we will send you a link after registration. Please note that this event will be recorded.
How to register: Please register in advance for this workshop on thrive’s website. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event.
What to expect: These events are workshops rather than webinars. Discussions between attendees will be facilitated by our Client Executive Claire Rose Canavan.
More information and booking: wewillthrive.co.uk/events/free-events/kickstart-heritage
Thrive Audience Development, Crescent Arts Centre, 2-4 University Road