The Arts Council has designed this programme to assist organisations to deliver arts projects which contribute to the growth of arts in the community for new and existing audiences and which reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture. We want to support activities which benefit the people of Northern Ireland or that help arts organisations in Northern Ireland carry out their work.
In addition, the Council wishes to support programmes which
- Encourage the involvement of under-represented groups including those from black and ethnic minority (BAME) communities;
- Encourage the involvement of children and young people, older people, or people with disabilities with organisations and artists of the very highest professional standards across the disciplines;
- Promote innovative, original work by Northern Ireland artists, especially in drama and dance, which tours outside the company’s administrative base; and
- Advance collaborative audience development projects.
What you can apply for
Applicants should give careful consideration to the feasibility and timing of touring work, public presentations, large scale projects and conferences given restrictions due to COVID-19.
You can apply for arts activities that last up to one year. These can include the following:
- Projects, events and programmes of activity together with related overhead costs associated with the delivery of the project/event or programme
- Projects which promote under-represented groups including those from black and ethnic minority (BAME) communities
- Continuation of salaries of existing administrative and/or arts posts. except for staff who have taken up the offer of the Governments furlough scheme
- Commissions and Productions*
- Research and Development
- Audience Development – to meet the needs of audiences and to help arts organisations develop ongoing relationships with audiences
- Touring (in more than one local authority area)
- One-off, large-scale national arts events, such as conferences, which take place in Northern Ireland and benefit people and artists from across Northern Ireland and beyond
- Presentations or exhibitions (in more than one local authority area) of work by international artists and arts organisations
- Organisational/skills development to ensure you are fit for purpose during and after COVID-19
- Specialist skills for on-line presentation of existing or new work
- Projects which are planned to reach significant audiences through ‘live’, ‘as live’ or recorded digital performance, publication, broadcast, reading, recording, and/or other audience channels
- Modest requests for capital equipment, website design and upkeep costs and digital platform development will be assessed on a case by case basis and these must be integral to project design and/or delivery and/or specific project costs.
Read the full funding requirements and apply online at the Arts Council of Northern Ireland website below.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 1st June 2021 at 12pm