This programme is joint funded by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Future Screens NI.
- Upskilling NI artists in the use of Digital Technology
- Creation of excellent Digital Art
- Creation of digital arts
- Supporting artists making digital art for the first time or working with digital technology which they have not used before.
- Supporting artists working with new or immersive technology
Who can apply?
Eligible applicants to this scheme are as follows:
- Individual artists of all artistic disciplines and all types of working practice.
- Artists who are employees of statutory bodies (including Universities), undergraduates and postgraduates are eligible to apply but they must prove that their proposal is not properly the concern of their employer and/or that the proposal is not related to their academic study (see p.9 in guidance notes for more detail).
- Partnership projects with creative industries freelancers or organisations are possible; however the individual artist must be the lead partner.
Eligible applicants must also be:
Resident in Northern Ireland
Have made a significant contribution to artistic activities in Northern Ireland for a minimum period of 1 year within the last 5 years
At least 18 years old and not in secondary education.
Who Cannot Apply
Applicants who have broken the conditions of any previous ACNI award within the previous 4 years (taken from the date of the letter of offer) and
Applicants who remain in breach of any previous letters of offer (regardless of the letter of offer date).
What you can apply for
Here are some examples of the type of project we are aiming to support through this scheme. This list is far from exhaustive.
Creation of a virtual environment or augmented reality environment; such as augmented reality visual arts or sound overlay on venues or geographical spaces.
Using technology, such as 3D rendering and printing, to create artwork digitally which can either exist digitally or be manufactured into 3D physical objects.
Read the full application criteria and apply online at the artscouncil-ni.org website at the link below.
Deadline for applications is: Tuesday 31st August 2021 at 12.00pm