Contract: Permanent Annualised Hours – this involves working a set number of hours over the year, rather than per week. Longer hours may be worked over our busy high season months, and less hours may be worked during our slightly quieter low season months.
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
- 5 GCSEs’ or equivalent grade C or above
- 2 years’ experience of working within a customer facing environment including directly dealing with members of the public. E.g., Bar, Restaurant, hotels, retail, cinema, theatres
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers and members of the public
- Experience of providing a smooth efficient service to a range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Experience of working in a high-quality hospitality environment/corporate event
- Sales experience to include handling cash and proactively selling to customers
- Good knowledge of coffee practices
- Awareness/experience of Health and Safety principles in a public building
- Awareness/experience of Fire and Evacuation Procedures
- Commercial awareness
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details on how to apply please go to the careers section of the MAC website and download an application pack https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers/customer-service-assistants-part-time-permanent
- Please send your CV and a one-page covering letter of no more than 500 words outlining your experience and suitability for the post.
- Referees – name, address, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer;
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Wednesday 15 September 2021 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast BT1 2NJ.
Shortlisting will take place 16 and 17 September 2021 and interviews will take place W/C 20 September 2021. The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant on your CV.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline.
If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative. If you have not heard from us by 24 September 2021, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), disabled and LGBTQI+ candidates who are under-represented across the sector.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Wednesday 15 September 2021