Ballynafeigh Community Development Association (BCDA) is seeking a Project Facilitator for a Shared History project.
BCDA’s Shared History project represents an opportunity to gather, write and collate untold stories of Ballynafeigh.
We hope to bring the unusual story of Ballynafeigh to life and to document what the district looked like in 1921 and how it has changed throughout the century to the present day.
BCDA hopes to do this by engagement with the local community, exploring the many issues which will arise as part of the process.
It will be a means of exploring the past, present, and how to envisage the future by embracing diverse perspectives and showcasing a range of voices.
The Project Worker will co-ordinate the above activities and liaise with Media and Graphic Design companies to incorporate project output to BCDA website and exhibition panels.
Scope of role – 2-3 days/week over 6 months (Oct 21-Mar 22), fee £5000
We welcome applicants with the following qualities, skills, and experience:
- An interest in Ballynafeigh community, local heritage, and history
- Someone independent who is used to finding stories, is familiar with copyright and keeping good records, and used to networking
- Experience of outreach work and good communication skills to engage as wide a participation as possible from all sections of the community
- Project management experience to include working to timescales and deadlines, and monitoring and evaluation
- A creative and positive approach to work
- Analytical skills to enable the drawing together and arrangement of information and materials
- Ability to create content from the information and materials gathered, suitable for BCDA website and production of materials for exhibition
Please forward Covering letter and CV to the Operations & Resources Co-ordinator Deirdre.firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, Monday 27th September 2021.
If there are any queries, please call 028 9049 1161 Monday-Thursday, 10am-4pm.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: 4pm, Monday 27th September 2021