Job Title: Artist Educator / Socially Engaged Artist
Fee: £35.00 per hour – workshop delivery and a set fee for preparation, evaluation and attending meetings
Location: The MAC Belfast / locations in Greater Belfast
Application Deadline: Thursday 26 September, midday.
The MAC’s Creative Learning and Engagement team is seeking talented and passionate artists to co-develop and deliver bespoke, community-focused innovative projects with local neighbourhoods, associate partners, community groups, and schools.
Through our creative learning work, we use the arts to enable artists and communities to explore the world we live in, and to challenge inequality. Our work depends on the passion, commitment and drive of artists, community groups, leaders, community activists and funders who believe in the power of the arts to illuminate our world.
We wish to expand our pool of artists by inviting dynamic Socially Engaged Artists and Artist Educators, who have a minimum of three years’ experience of working with communities, groups, and schools to apply. We are looking for artists who have experience co-creating and creative learning to explore social and political issues.
- Dynamic artist / creative who is community focused.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of delivering educational projects with schools, Special Educational Needs groups, and with children, young people, or adults.
A minimum of three years’ experience delivering co-designed issue-based socially engaged projects with communities and groups.
- Confident leading education-focused or co-designed creative projects.
- Great communication skills.
- Have experience of planning and delivering engaging and inspiring participatory workshops.
- Experience of project planning, working within budget, and working to deadlines.
- Able to produce high quality creatives outcomes in collaboration with project participants and community members.
- Champion accessibility and inclusivity.
- Willing to travel to various locations in Belfast and beyond.
For further details please go to the careers section of the MAC website and download an application pack https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers/socially-engaged-artists-and-artist-educators
Please submit the following:
- A short piece-to-camera film (max. two-minutes) outlining your suitability for the position of Artist Educator or Socially Engaged Artist – submit via email using https://wetransfer.com or alternatively submit a two-page cover letter. Within the short film or cover letter, please provide an example of a successful project you delivered – we are interested in your skills, and ideas, project development; how you connected with the participants; your creative methodology; the impact of the project; the creative outcomes and what you learned from the project.
- Submit five photos (or film / sound etc.) which document the creative projects you delivered.
- A two-page CV with two referees.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (see link above)
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is midday on Thursday 26 September 2021, shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview. If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative. If you have not heard from us by 1 October 2021, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We particularly welcome applications from Black and Global Majority, disabled and LGBTQI+ candidates who are under-represented across the sector.
The closing date for applications is: midday on Thursday 26 September 2021