Salary: £23000 per annum pro rata
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week
Based: Gasyard Wall Féile Office
Responsible to: Gasyard Wall Féile Board
Reports to: Féile Manager
Contract: to 30th June 2022 (subject to funding after 30 June 22)
Now in its 29th year, Gasyard Wall Féile is Derry’s biggest community arts and cultural organization.
The Féile is the result of the commitment of a multitude of groups, initiatives and volunteers who come together each year, to shape and manage a fantastic programme of events. Events range in form from music, literature, sport, education, visual arts, carnival, fun days, health, discussions, lectures, conferences, community consultation and tours.
In addition to our annual festival, Féile delivers the following projects throughout the year:
- Streets Alive: A good relations Arts & Culture project targeting the Bogside, Bishop Street and Fountain neighbourhoods.
- Communities In Transition: a year long cultural events and training programme in the Creggan and Brandywell neighbourhoods
- Volunteer Investment Project: Since 2006, Gasyard Wall Féile have delivered a volunteer project across the Triax NR area, engaging residents in volunteering with groups / organisations at various events/initiatives.
We are looking for an organised and creative videographer to work with our creative team to document the progress of Féile’s projects to the highest standard and capture local stories as when they happen, adding to the area’s reputation as a great place to live, work, play and visit. The videographer will also Co-ordination of Féile’s CIT training programme which will include training in disciplines including Film-Making, Game Design, Music Performance, SFX Makeup, Music Production / DJing / Hip-Hop-Rap, Carnival Arts.
- working as a committed member of the Feile team and representing Féile in a professional, honest and reliable manner;
- working with internal and external stakeholders to create content that meets brand standards and guidelines;
- Planning, filming and editing video content as required for Féile’s various projects;
- Transporting, setting up, and operating production equipment, including camera, audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions;
- Management and maintenance of all video production equipment inventory;
- Co-ordination of Féile’s livestreamed events including music concerts, literary readings and discussions and debates with full knowledge of how to troubleshoot the software and hardware used.
- Capturing drone footage and photography required for Féile films and events.
- Delivering tuition to local residents in filming and editing techniques.
- Co-ordination of Féile’s CIT training programme which will include training in disciplines including Film-Making, Game Design, Music Performance, SFX Makeup, Music Production / DJing / Hip-Hop-Rap, Carnival Arts.
- Raising the profile of Féile’s media output e.g use of social media, involvement in campaigns, distribution of promotional material.
- Contributing to effective communication across the organization.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties required by the Féile Manager or Board of Directors.
Download the full Job Description and Application Form below. Please Return Completed Application Form by email to: Gareth Stewart email@example.com by closing date: 5pm on Thursday 9th September.
Gasyard Wall Féile Ltd
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 5pm at Thursday 9th September