Purpose of the fund:
This local community benefit fund was set up by Gaelectric in 2016 and is now managed by CGN Europe – a wind energy and energy storage company that believes in a sustainable future. GCN is committed to ensuring that their wind farms, whilst having obvious environmental benefits, also provide significant economic benefits to the local community.
Corby Knowe wind farm is located off the Parkgate Road, Kells, County Antrim. The site consists of 3 wind turbines with an output of 5.4MW. Projects requesting support must be located within 5km of the wind farm site.
The Corby Knowe Community Benefit Fund is administered by the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland and provides a fund available for local projects that educate, raise awareness and demonstrate community involvement in work that promotes environmental issues and healthier lifestyles.
Boundary Map for Corby Knowe showing 5KM radius
Priority will be given to the following:
- Programmes/projects which address marginalisation and help tackle rural isolation.
- Projects aimed specifically for children and teenagers (including pre-school children), providing skills development of local people and arts and cultural activities.
- Activities and events designed to encourage greater community interaction and cohesion.
- Projects that improve the utilisation of existing community space, including community venues and outdoor spaces.
- Programmes and projects designed to improve local environmental and conservation management.
- Projects that help recruit and develop the capacity of volunteers in order to improve the sustainability of existing community organisations in the respective areas.
The fund will support projects addressing issues within the following theme areas:
- Children and teenagers
- Environment and living spaces
- Community Partnerships
What we will not fund:
The Foundation will not fund organisations or activities which promote causes that are contrary to our purposes. Causes and activities that are contrary to our purposes include, but may not be limited to, those outlined in our investment policy. We will not therefore fund organisations or activities which we determine are linked to the promotion of armaments, alcohol, human rights abuses, tobacco or pornography.
Read more and apply via Community Foundation website at the link below.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: 1 November, 2021 at 13:00