The Arts Council has designed this programme to enable organisations to purchase equipment and/or carry out minor works to their premises which will address any health and safety issues that has been created due to Covid-19 or has been an outstanding maintenance issue which has rendered the space not fit for purpose.
We want to support organisations across Northern Ireland to reopen their creative spaces in a safe manner. We want to ensure that organisations have proper measures in place to welcome the return of their staff, artists and audiences. We also want to support organisations in their delivery of the arts in new and creative alternatives.
Particular priority will be given to equipment and minor works which
- address Covid-19 requirements;
- improves the accessibility of the arts;
- continues the safe practice for continued accessibility of the arts;
- improves the environment for the arts sector;
- enhances or broadens the audience/participants’ experience
Who can apply?
The Arts Council welcomes applications from the widest possible range of organisations and in particular, from applicants whose projects benefit individuals categorised under Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. In addition, in order to be eligible to apply to this programme, please note the following:
- You do not have to be primarily an arts organisation, (for example, community groups may apply to the scheme), however, the purpose of the requested equipment or minor works must be clearly focused on the arts.
- Local authorities are eligible to apply but they are a low priority.
- Registered charities and other fully constituted organisations which cannot distribute a profit are eligible to apply.
- Commercial organisations can only apply for support if the equipment /minor works is primarily for the benefit of the public rather than their own commercial interests.
- If your organisation has a limited membership you must show that the equipment/minor works will benefit the wider public.
- Groups of organisations (consortia) working together to deliver specific projects may apply.
Who Cannot Apply?
- Broadcasters (excluding community service broadcasters)
- Central Government Departments
- Bands seeking musical instruments (the Arts Council has a separate Musical Instruments for Bands programme.)
- Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Organisations who are in breach of the terms of previous ACNI grant awards.
What Can You Apply For?
You can apply for any equipment and / or minor works to help adapt your venue or working practice. This could be, but not limited to, the following:
- Covid-19 equipment in line with Government requirements
- Creation of safe spaces in relation to Covid-19 needs
- Covid-19 related signage
Read the full guidance notes and apply via the Arts Council of Northern Ireland website below.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: 12noon precisely on Friday 5 November 2021