Purpose of the Fund
This local community benefit fund was set up by Gaelectric in 2016 and is now managed by CGN Europe – a wind energy and energy storage company that believes in a sustainable future. GCN is committed to ensuring that their wind farms, whilst having obvious environmental benefits, also provide significant economic benefits to the local community.
The Monnaboy Community Benefit Fund is available to local community projects within 7km of the Monnaboy Wind Farm site which is located off the Monnaboy Road, Greysteel.
he fund aims to encourage:
- Stronger more inclusive communities by ensuring that local people have ownership and involvement in the design and delivery of the project.
- Partnership working with community, voluntary and statutory agencies to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Sustainable solutions that address local issues.
The fund will support projects addressing issues within the following theme areas:
- Older people
- Families with young children
- Young people
- Environment and living spaces
Priority will be given to:
- Projects aimed at providing skills development for young adults and/or the unemployed
- Intergenerational projects
- Collaborative projects
- Projects tackling rural isolation
- Projects based around community arts
- Projects which improve the utilisation of community space
Read more and apply via Community Foundation website at the link below.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: 1 November, 2021 at 13:00