The MAC now seek to make the following appointment:
Box Office & Administrative Assistant – Part Time
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
The MAC wants to play a leading role in the pursuit of our vision – a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art, and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
At the MAC we are passionate about everything we do. We want people who share that passion for delivering the highest possible level of performance in everything that they do – people who are open to ideas, to collaboration, to challenges and to new ways of thinking.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these, we want to hear from you.
If successful, you will be joining a highly motivated professional team which prides itself on delivering outstanding results and having some fun along the way. We work hard here, respect our colleagues, develop our team members, and do whatever’s necessary to make the MAC the best that it can be in order to make it a great place to visit and work in.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths at grade C or above
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a customer service role
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a role that includes the meeting and greeting of visitors and taking telephone calls.
- A minimum of 1 years’ sales experience to include handling cash and taking payments and proactively selling to customers.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working as part of a team in a visitor led venue
- Experience of data processing, using a computerised database system
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Experience of working with a ticketing system
- Experience in a reception and/or admin role
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details please go to the careers section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers and download an application pack.
- Please send your CV and a one-page covering letter of no more than 500 words outlining your experience and suitability for the post.
- Referees – please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer.
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form which can be downloaded from the career section of the MAC website https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers
Please send your CV, equal opportunities form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Tuesday 30 November 2021.
Interviews for this post will take place on the 6 and 7 December 2021.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you have not heard from us by 7 December 2021, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), disabled and LGBTQI+ candidates who are under-represented across the sector.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: is 12 noon on Tuesday 30 November 2021