Check out 2 Royal Avenue – our ‘meanwhile use’ venue for a range of events and entertainment, in the heart of Belfast city centre.
The former Tesco Metro premises has been transformed into a short-term cultural space, marking the start of a new chapter for creativity in Belfast, with exciting plans in the pipeline between 2022 and 2024.
Before then, look out for:
- music gigs to suit all tastes, showcasing our brilliant Belfast Music scene
- coffee shop, featuring local produce
- pop-up markets
- visual art and exhibitions
- creative workshops – all delivered in partnership with local groups and organisations.
Activities in the run-up to Christmas include:
- free music from Belfast Ukulele Jam and The Swingtime Starlets – tomorrow (Thursday) at 5pm, as well as performances from City of Belfast School of Music,
Belfast Busking Band and Rosinka Russian Choir this weekend
- free children’s workshops, including Sing and Sign Belfast – tomorrow
- free music workshops and taster sessions from WheelWorks (tomorrow) and Drake Music Project Northern Ireland – Friday 10 December
- Sound Baths with Sound Healing Spa – a chance to relax and unwind from the festive rush – Sunday 12 and Thursday 16 December
- screening of The Snowman, accompanied live by Downshire Brass – Saturday 18 December
- Art Unwrapped, together with Ulster University and National Museums NI.
Booking is essential for all events.
More info at www.belfastcity.gov.uk/2royalavenueevents