In Your Space Circus is seeking a suitably qualified individual to work under a short-term freelance contract to develop a Circus Play Strategy with In Your Space Circus.
‘Our children have missed out on enough over the past year – they deserve a summer filled with play’ Helen Dodd, Child psychologist expert.
IYSC is developing a Circus Play Strategy through consultation and collaboration with communities across the Moor DEA. This strategy will underpin IYSC’s work for the coming year and will recognise the powerful and beneficial impacts of ‘Play’. Play is a vital part of childhood and supports healthy and happy development. We believe this extends into adulthood and nurtures lifelong creativity and emotional resilience.
What better vehicle than circus for creating an environment of play, through clowning and performance, circus skills and play-based games? And there has never been a more important time than now to ensure our children and young people can access safe, but connected, opportunities for play!
In the short-term, the strategy will include a series of deliverables which we will pilot with groups based in the area, giving local children and young people a year of play and re-connection following the difficult time that so many have had during Covid 19.
The strategy will focus on children and young people aged 4-14 years, working with local community representatives across the Moor DEA to identify and address needs and issues specific to the Moor community. We will be focussing on specific impacts that the pandemic has had on local children and young people and how lockdown and restrictions have exacerbated general issues and challenges faced across the community. The Coordinator will bring communities together to identify the needs and collectively design solutions through the medium of Circus and play.
Once the strategy has been developed we will roll out a series of indoor and outdoor events for participants, focused on play and re-connection (in line with the research findings).
The service provider will be responsible for:
- Project promotion and communication.
- Community consultation.
- Developing the Circus Play Strategy for The Moor DEA.
- Providing recommendations for the participatory community event sessions (alongside out training team).
- Developing the evaluation framework against the strategy aims and objectives.
- The project MUST be completed by 31st March 2022.
- The available budget for this piece of work is £2,000.
We are seeking proposals from candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent networking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels (including children and young people).
- Excellent written skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience of writing detailed strategic documents.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise work appropriately.
- Experience of translating strategic plans into operational actions.
- Understanding of the need of children and young people in today’s society (desirable).
- Understanding of models of Play and the value of Play in today’s society (desirable).
Form of Quotation
- Please provide a CV and a statement outlining your skills and experience which make you suitable for this piece of work. The written statement should not exceed 2 pages (A4) in length and should include details of the approach you would take and clear examples of similar work.
- Please include a timescale for delivery of the project including details of your time commitment.
- Please confirm that you can complete the project within the outlined timescale.
- Please include a breakdown cost as a daily / hourly rate.
- Please include preferred payment terms where applicable.
- Please note within your quote whether VAT is payable.
- Please outline whether you are Access NI checked (if you are not, this will not exclude you).
- Please note that all submissions will be assessed on the basis of price, availability and quality of evidence of experience.
- In Your Space Circus is under no obligation to accept on the cheapest, or any quotation received.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please forward your submission, via email to email@example.com by 12pm on Wednesday 5th January 2022.