The Executive and the Minister for Communities, Deirdre Hargey MLA, have provided Covid recovery funding for arts organisations and a range of other not-for-profit organisations.
The aim of the Covid Recovery Programme for Arts Organisations is to reduce or remove operating deficits in eligible organisations, which have arisen in the 2021/22 financial year because of the Covid pandemic.
To achieve this the Covid Recovery Programme for Arts Organisations will support eligible organisations which have been negatively affected by the pandemic in the financial year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 and which have a financial operating deficit during that period which is attributable in full or in part to Covid.
The maximum amount of funding available to an eligible organisation under this Programme is £50,000.
Exceptionally, a greater amount of funding may be available to eligible organisations that can demonstrate that the deficit attributable to Covid in the financial year is greater than £50,000 and that the organisation requires funding in excess of that sum to stabilise financially.
In the event that the proposed awards exceed available funding, those organisations with the largest operating deficits will get priority.
Organisations applying for more than £50,000 must make contact with the Arts Council before doing so.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from:
- Constituted organisations/companies whose primary purpose relates to the categories below and which carry out the majority of their work in Northern Ireland.
- Arts, cultural and community venues’ main use must be for one of the categories below.
- Arts, culture and community organisations whose primary role is to create, present or support one (or more) of these categories:
- Music and Opera
- Traditional Arts
- Visual Arts
- Performing arts and theatre
- Festivals and cultural events
- Participatory Arts
- Circus, Street Theatre and Carnival
- Cross Art form
- Community Arts
Please use the Eligibility Checklist to determine if it is appropriate that you apply to the Covid Recovery Programme for Arts Organisations.
Go to the link below to the Arts Council of Northern Ireland’s website and download the full documentation and apply online.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: Friday 28th January 2022 at 12pm