The Arts Council has designed this programme to encourage you to develop and deliver your ideas, linked to your artistic needs and to your future plans.
The aim of this programme is to assist organisations to deliver arts projects which contribute to the growth of arts in the community for new and existing audiences and which reflect the diversity of Northern Ireland’s society and culture.
We want to support activities which benefit the people of Northern Ireland or that help arts organisations in Northern Ireland carry out their work.
All applications should fit within the objectives stated in the Council’s five-year plan.
Platinum Jubilee Projects
The Platinum Jubilee celebrates 70 years of HM The Queen’s reign. The Arts Council welcomes arts-based Jubilee projects via our Small Grants Programme in line with the general aims of the scheme. Successful projects must be completed by the end of 2022; applicants will note that the Platinum Jubilee Central Weekend will be on 5 June 2022.
Who can apply?
Arts Council NI welcomes applications from the widest possible range of organisations. You will be required to provide proof that you have a legal constitution.
- Registered charities and other organisations which cannot distribute profits
- Groups of organisations working together to deliver specific projects
- formally constituted parent-teacher associations
Who Cannot Apply?
- Organisations currently in receipt of Arts Council funding from its Annual Funding or Lottery Project Funding programmes
- Individuals or Sole traders
- Commercial trading companies
- Companies that exist to distribute a profit or which are constituted to allow payment of dividends to non-asset-locked bodies
- Statutory authorities or organisations governed by statutory authorities i.e. ELB schools.
How to apply
You MUST apply online. Arts Council NI will not accept applications in hard copy, by email or by fax.
Online applications may be edited, saved and returned to at any time until you submit. You MUST submit ALL mandatory enclosures associated with the application at the same time, ie. at the point at which you submit your online application. These enclosures are listed within the online application and also in the sample application document.
All of the information you provide will be held on computer. This information will be used for the administration of applications and grants, for producing statistics and information on successful applicants. Remember to keep a copy of the completed form and enclosures for your own records.
This is a rolling programme.
Deadline for applications: Friday 31st March 2023 at 12pm