The Commission for Victims and Survivors seeks new and flexible members to join our freelance register. Roles include those experienced in facilitation, research and workshop co-ordination. Applicants with arts or social science backgrounds are welcome and we currently have opportunities for those with experience of recording and using oral archives, including applying these practices within the visual or performance arts. Academic researchers and editors and others experienced at working with victims, veterans, the bereaved or carers may also consider applying. Applicants must be able to evidence experience of working empathetically with a diverse range of people from communities that have experienced complex traumas.
Our bank of freelancers work on short term contracts or residencies that can last between half a day to four weeks on projects throughout the UK and Ireland. They bring with them a desire to work and learn as part of a team creating change and giving voice to those most impacted by the legacy of the past.
You will be supported by the organisation to help you realise your potential whilst supporting others to reach theirs.
Hours: Casual, as required
Location: Mainly Northern Ireland but may include GB and ROI
Daily Rate: £200 (inclusive of VAT) per day pro rata
Essential: Professional experience as outlined above
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details below;
- Name and Contact Details and any Personal/Business Website:
- Experience of Workshop co-ordination and/or Facilitation. (100 word max)
- 2 examples of working with those with Complex Needs. (100 word max)
- Up to 3 examples of relevant Publications, Exhibitions, Performances or Awards
- Are you eligible to remain in and work in the UK and Ireland (Y/N)
- Please indicate if you have a Disability that requires reasonable adjustments to be made should you be called for Interview? (if yes provide detail)
- Do you have access to a suitable means of transport to meet the requirements of the post? (Y/N)