Through April to October this year Green Space Dark Skies will see thousands of people across the UK gather at dusk to create large-scale artworks in 20 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Referred to as Lumenators, participants will be guided on a creative adventure into the landscape carrying smart lights that will enable digital choreography to be captured on film. To protect these amazing places, the exact locations will only be revealed to the Lumenators who have signed up to take part. There will be no spectators, but everyone will be able to watch and hear these joyful tributes. Each short film, recorded via hand-held and drone cameras, will incorporate stories of the people and places featured and will be broadcast online after the event.
Green Space Dark Skies’ aim is to enable people from all walks of life to forge new connections with the countryside by supporting those with cultural and physical barriers to experience our Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Four of the twenty creative gatherings will be taking place in Northern Ireland AONBS, we are currently recruiting for the first:
- Saturday 30th April at a location within Lagan Valley A.O.N.B
We are looking for exceptional Stage Managers to help us set up and deliver these unique visual and musical celebrations in some of our most special places. Individuals need to be available to attend a rehearsal and briefing on the 24th April as well as the day of the event/filming and could potentially work on one event or all four.
Role: Stage Managers
Working with the Producers, Movement Director, Musical Director and others to ensure that the event is delivered to the highest quality, in line with creative and technical production requirements, on time and safely.
Responsibilities and attributes
- Assisting with the management of the on-site rehearsal process and performance of a series of mass movement sequences being filmed from the ground and above.
- Work with Musical Director, Movement Director and Movement Captains to manage community participants ‘Lumenators’ to include individuals, small groups and performing groups of over 50 people.
- Assisting with site set up including marks out of zones.
- Confident in the use of 2 way radios and wireless in ear monitors in a clear and professional manner.
- Assisting with the movement of musicians and ‘Lumenators’ from Base Camp to the event site.
- All events take place entirely outdoors and will go ahead no matter what the weather. Stage Managers should be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
- Green Space Dark Skies places environmental and social sustainability at the heart of its design and delivery. To protect these amazing places all staff and crew must be willing to sign up to our Environmental Approach and support our efforts to achieve a carbon net positive status.
Rate for full (long) day): £180
Attending rehearsal and briefing session (half day): £90
Lunch and Dinner to be provided on day of the event.
The three other Green Space Dark Skies events in Northern Ireland are:
- Saturday 25th June at a location within The Sperrins A.O.N.B
- Saturday 2nd July at a location on The Causeway Coast
- End Sept/beginning October location launched early May
Queries and applications for these positions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 11th April. Please send a recent C.V and indicate whether you would be interested and available to work at subsequent events. Mileage for travel within Northern Ireland provided. Public transport or car sharing encouraged.
To find about more about the project and taking part visit: www.greenspacedarkskies.uk
Deadline for applicants is: Monday 11th April 2022