This is open call is for Artists and Makers who make work or whose work responds to the theme:
~ holistic balance ~ equilibrium ~ stability ~ renewable ~ continue over time ~ supportable ~ viable ~ ~ able to be maintained at a certain level ~ meeting needs without compromising the future ~ ~economic viability ~ environmental protection ~ social equity ~ functioning and prospering
Artists / makers based in Northern Ireland at any stage of their career, working in any media, will be selected from an open call as part of our Materials, Messages and Meaning series; and will receive a fee for a talk and exhibiting work.
Now in its eleventh year, this group exhibition will explore artists’ and makers’ different approaches to the materials they choose to work with and why; the messages and meaning they wish to convey using those materials; what those messages are, and the methods of production and process they use to make the work.
Deadline for submissions: Friday 7th October 2022 @ 4pm – Exhibition Dates: 5th November – 2nd December 2022
Please send a short CV and explanation of your practice (no longer than one side A4) and how your work and practice fits in with the theme ‘Sustainability’, plus 4 high resolution images of your work.
- Artists must be free to give a short talk about their work on 5th November 2022. This will be recorded, and edits may be posted on our website and social media channels.
- Images must be in jpeg / png / pdf format and documents in Word or PDF. Please do not send .pages documents.
- Any high-resolution images or large files can be sent via Google docs link / Dropbox / WeTransfer.
- Include dimensions and details of media used to Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email responses to this open call should include the following attachments:
- Short CV
- 1 page explanation of artistic practice and work and how it connects with the theme ‘Sustainability’ (format Word or PDF)
- 4 images of work (format jpeg, png or pdf)