Salary (Grade 1): £9.69 per hour
Fixed Term Contract up to September 2023
4 x 19 hours per week (working over 7-day roster pattern, including every other weekend)
1 x 20 hours per week (working over 7 -day roster pattern, including every other weekend)
Location: The National Museum of the Royal Navy at HMS Caroline, Belfast
HMS Caroline is a World War One battleship and the last survivor of the famous Battle of Jutland. HMS Caroline was also in service during World War Two and has been a feature of Belfast’s waterfront since 1924. The ship has many incredible stories to tell and has been open to the public as a museum and heritage attraction since 2016. This iconic ship is an asset to Belfast’s unique cultural landscape. HMS Caroline has been closed since March 2020, but we are excited to be reopening the ship to the public very soon.
This is an exciting time for HMS Caroline as we look forward to welcoming visitors once again and to finding new ways of sharing the ship’s fascinating history and heritage.
We are looking for Team Members to join our team and help ensure a visit to HMS Caroline is extraordinary and memorable.
- An exciting opportunity for individuals looking for a customer facing role to deliver a first-class visitor experience in a truly unique environment.
- Ensuring our visitors are welcomed, assisted, delighted, engaged, and inspired.
- Working within our commercial areas onboard HMS Caroline and its ticket sales and gallery area, the Pump House.
- To help ensure the safety and security for visitors, colleagues, heritage assets and HMS Caroline.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment with retail and sales knowledge an advantage, but not essential, as full training will be given.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety and Security requirements and a willingness to learn more.
- The ability to communicate and engage with a wide and varied audience.
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and diverse workplace within a unique heritage environment. Group pension plan with Royal London (6% employer contributions, 2% employee contributions and death in service benefit).
- Free onsite parking.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Occupational sick pay.
- Flexible working.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Digital mental wellbeing resource for you and a ‘plus one’.
- Free admission to other museums and attractions within the reciprocal agreement.
- Discounts at our shops and cafes.
- Free and discounted tickets for family and friends.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Kerry Rooney in the first instance on 07720773225 or email@example.com
Applicants are asked to apply by clicking APPLY NOW – see link below.
no later than midnight 22 January 2023. We will be conducting the selection process at HMS Caroline in Belfast week commencing 30 January 2023.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process because of a disability, please contact the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: midnight, 22 January 2023