Contract: Permanent contract
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (over 7 days)
- Working for an award-winning organisation that values creativity
- Getting to know the MAC’ tickets – your path to becoming an insider
- 35% staff discount in our café bar
- Membership of Inspire employee assistance programme
- Employer pension contributions
- Free Flu jab
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an ambitious and highly driven Commercial Events Officer to join our team, where you’ll work in a fast-paced and target driven environment. You’ll be highly organised and an efficient point of contact for external clients, managing venue hire bookings and assisting in the delivery of successful events from start to finish with an outstanding level of customer care.
As a key member of the MAC’s commercial department, you will be responsible for driving income for the MAC. By actively selling the MAC as a venue for hire as well as our corporate catering offering, you will increase our business growth within the corporate marketplace. You will work closely with lots of internal and external stakeholders, reporting directly to the Head of Marketing.
The ideal candidate will be confident dealing with and selling to professionals, be enthusiastic and have knowledge and experience within a sales and events management background. Experience in Content Management Systems or event booking software would be an advantage, though full training will be given.
- A business-related third level qualification or qualified by experience with at least 3 years’ experience in planning, preparing & coordinating successful events,
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy events or sales environment.
- Experience of working within a target driven deadline environment,
- Experience of planning, preparing and coordinating events,
- Experience in active selling and managing multiple incoming/outgoing customer enquiries on a daily basis.
- Experience of actively pursuing sales opportunities.
- Experience working in a multi-purpose venue
- Experience of using venue & event management software, e.g., Artifax.
- Experience of a CRM system.
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details please visit the careers section of the MAC website for an application pack https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers
- Please read the information in the job description and send an email to
- email@example.com with the following attachments in Word or PDF format only (we cannot accept links to online CVs, profiles, document downloads or psd files etc),
- Your CV, no more than 2 A4 pages long, including your name, home address, email, and contact number,
- A cover letter, no more than 500 words long, outlining why you’re a suitable candidate for the role based on the criteria in the job description. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer,
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form.
Please send your CV, equal opportunities form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Wednesday 22 March 2023. Interviews will take place on W/C 27 March 2023.
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant on your CV.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative. If you have not heard from us by 31 March 2023, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities, people with health conditions or impairments, LGBTQI+ and other candidates who are under-represented across the workforce.
Deadline for receipt of applications is: 12 noon on Wednesday 22 March 2023.